This all started about a year ago, when I decided I would love to go on an exchange trip during high school. Then, in January this year, I applied for the CBYX scholarship through FLAG. This is a scholarship to go study abroad in Germany for ten months, sponsored by the state department. In April, I found out that I had received a scholarship, which was the most exciting news I had heard in a long time. In mid may, I joined the rest of the recipients and alternates from FLAG out in Michigan for an orientation. I am now preparing myself to depart for Germany in about three weeks. I fly from Denver to DC on August 10th, joining the rest of my fellow FLAGers once again. From there, we all fly to Germany on the 11th. We will spend three weeks in an old monastery in Hederslaben desperately trying to suck in as much German as we can. From there, we will ship out to our individual host families. I don't know where my host family will be located yet, but I am super excited to find out, and I check my email constantly. I am starting this blog so that anyone that is interested can follow my adventures while I am in Germany, and perhaps beyond. Currently I am trying to learn some German online before I leave. I am also working on prioritizing what I need while I am there, and what I will be able to pack. Well, that is all for now. I will try to make this a bit more interesting in the future so that I don't actually bore anyone to death.
Hey man, good luck.
ReplyDelete